Look and Feel
Town Centre Management
- Support selected initiatives proposed by the Local Authority and Town Centre Management team to help deliver enhancements and ongoing maintenance.
- Communicate priorities to the Council to deliver repairs and improvements and to ensure that projects are managed in line with agreements.
- Encourage the discovery of the entire BID area by visitors through enhanced availability of Tourist Information.
- Develop a coordinated approach to waste management and making Weymouth greener and cleaner.
Investigate the development of parking schemes that deliver best value and increase footfall in the town.
- Work with property owners of vacant premises to identify opportunities for local craftspeople and artists to launch pop-up shop opportunities.
- South Harbour Artside and arts groups – building on the arts and cultural aspects that we are continually developing.
- Weymouth Museum – developing visitors’ knowledge of our history and areas of historic interest such as the Nothe Fort.
- Golden Broom Award – ongoing awards programme to reward traders who take pride in their area.
- Pride in Weymouth – annual awards recognising efforts of businesses and individuals to develop the town and its offer.
- Weymouth and Portland Chamber of Commerce – business support and networking.
- Support initiatives to launch seasonal markets that compliment current traders within the BID.
- Coastal Communities Fund – we will be part of their bidding process to fund improvements in our area.
- Weymouth College and schools – collaborating with these education providers, we will endeavor to address the skills gaps in our town and work with employers and students to develop economic growth and job opportunities.
Town Centre Management
- Support initiatives to protect the community at the key gateways and shared public places in the BID area.
- Support, maintain and develop Purple Flag accreditation for our night time economy.
- Make the town more accessible and welcoming for people of all abilities through improved facilities
- Agree targets every year to decrease anti-social behaviour, theft and damage within the town and work together to achieve this.
- Become part of the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme and help to fund 2 full time officers in association with Dorset Police and the local authority to address anti-social behaviour and homelessness.
- Support the DISC crime reduction initiative that gives businesses the facility, together with partner agencies such as the police force, to tackle crime and disorder. Companies use DISC for sharing with customers, partners, contractors, tenants, product- and service-users and other external groups.
- Work with relevant groups to understand and tackle the issues of begging, drug use and homelessness.