We Are Weymouth celebrates its award-winning businesses, attractions and local destinations with We Are Award-Winning
We Are Weymouth (BID) is kicking off the year by celebrating Weymouth’s award-winning status, in all its different guises. From Blue, Green and Purple Flag national awards to TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards, Top 10 Best Fish & Chip Restaurants, Dorset Tourism and Visit England Awards to Best Independent Retailer Awards – Weymouth’s appreciation is through the roof.
This campaign aims to showcase all Weymouth has to offer, and We Are Weymouth (BID) is perfectly positioned to do just this. Overseeing the business district within the town, and contributing to many award applications, the team at We Are Weymouth (BID) have been privy to many of the outstanding award wins in the town.
Dawn Rondeau, Chief Operations Officer at We Are Weymouth (BID) comments: “We’re really privileged here at We Are Weymouth to work closely with so many brilliant businesses. Over the past few years, we’ve seen all the incredible accolades being given to our local businesses, whilst working on town-wide awards, and we know that what Weymouth is accomplishing is unique. We’ve led awards like Britain in Bloom where the town won Gold in the first year of applying. The Christmas campaigns have been commended by the Dorset Tourism Awards. We’ve been part of the team working towards the Purple Flag awards, whilst recognizing all that Weymouth Town Council have achieved with its Blue and Green Flag Award status. The culmination of this recognition, and the hard work accredited to our town and business community has really put Weymouth on the map. We couldn’t be prouder.”
The importance of winning local, regional and national awards cannot be underestimated. Not only do these awards showcase the hard work of the businesses in Weymouth, they help to add credibility to the town, showing the progression and positive change that is being made here.
Whilst many high streets and seaside destinations have suffered – impacted by Covid measures, Weymouth’s mix of independent retailers, owner led businesses and high standards has seen a rise in unique businesses trading within the town (alongside nationals) and has bought an international feel to the town, alongside national and international visitors.
We would love to show you the quality of award-winning businesses in Weymouth, and invite you to enjoy award winning water sports, activities and attractions. Come and taste unbelievably fresh seafood, and enjoy award-winning accommodation, perhaps finding a touch of Mediterranean here in King George II’s favourite holiday destination.
Soak up the magic of Weymouth’s al fresco designed harbour atmosphere, delight in the incredible award-winning beach and open spaces and enjoy one of the UK’s top tourism destinations. Please do get in touch for more information.
Awards for Weymouth – to name but a few:
- UK’s Small Visitor Attraction of the Year – The Nothe Fort – https://nothefort.org.uk/
- We Are Weymouth Christmas Event – Tourism Event of the Year – commended – https://weareweymouth.co.uk/commendation-for-we-are-celebrating-campaign-21-22/
- Blue Flag Award Winning Beach – Blue Flag
- Green Flag Award Winning Weymouth – https://www.weymouthtowncouncil.gov.uk/green-flag-award/
- Purple Flag Award Winning Night Time Economy – https://weareweymouth.co.uk/weymouth-celebrates-renewal-of-purple-flag-status-for-its-night-time-economy/
- Britain in Bloom – Silver Gilt – https://weareweymouth.co.uk/flower-power-in-weymouth/
- Waterside Holiday Group – Holiday Park of the Year – https://www.watersideholidaygroup.co.uk/news/waterside-holiday-group-named-in-top-two-of-best-uk-holiday-parks-by-which/
- Avenue Sales & Lettings – British Property Awards – https://www.avenuesalesandlettings.co.uk/british-property-awards-2021-gold-winner/
- St John’s Guest House – Traveller’s Choice Awards – https://stjohnsguesthouse.co.uk/we-got-an-award-or-two/
- Weymouth Business at the Dorset Tourism Awards – https://www.dorsettourismawards.org.uk/winners